Krishna School of Emerging Technologies & Applied Research(KSET)
Krishna School of Emerging Technologies & Applied Research(KSET)
The Faculty of Engineering and Emerging Technologies is in the forefront of higher technological education and basic & applied research. It has established itself as a premier center for research and industrial consultancy in the country. There are 6 academic departments equipped with 58 educational and research laboratories performing diverse functions learning in harmony. The presence of internationally recognized faculty backed by exemplary technical & supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the achievements of alumni successfully established all over the world.
Departments with their specific high-end gadgets, instruments, and machines
- Civil Engineering: Total Station, Universal Testing Machine of 2000 kN Capacity, Tri axial Testing Machine, Tilting Flume with Open Channel experiment, Compression Testing Machine of 3000kN capacity, Universal Vibration Frame Apparatus, PCD 650: Multi parameter meter
- Electrical Engineering: DC Machines, Synchronous machines, Induction Machines, High voltage AC-DC generation set up, impulse generator, transformer oil testing kit, Protective relays, sensors and transducers, fire bird V robotic kits
- Mechanical Engineering: Heavy Duty Lathe Machines, Milling Machine, Shaping Machine, EDM, CNC Trainer Lathe with PC CLT 100, Pelton Wheel Turbine Test Rig, Francis Turbine Test Rig, Four Stroke Four Cylinder Petrol Engine, Four Stroke Twin Cylinder CI Test Rig, PTC CREO 4 university plus academic lab perpetual (50) users, Lenovo Core 15″Intel H 81 ChipSet – 25 desktops, Metallurgical Microscope, VCR trainer, Air conditioning test rig, Vibrometer
- Computer Science & Engineering: The Department of Computer Science & Engineering boasts a very innovative environment and state-of-the art laboratory facilities that includes central air-conditioning, high-end servers, latest configuration desktop computers, new-age labs like Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Lab, Wireless & Mobile Computing Lab, Big Data Analytics Lab, Cyber Security Lab and IoT Lab with specialized Software’s like SWI-Prolog for testing semantic web applications, IDE’s like Net-Beans, Eclipse and Apache Tomcat Servers for building and testing the dynamic web application, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB for Data Analytics, Weka, Rstudio, Tableau for Data Mining, Bootstrap Framework and jQuery Plugins for Web Programming, Cryptool for Cryptography and Network Security, Star UML and Visual Studio for Software Engineering, Blender for Computer Graphics, Android Studio, NMap, MetaSploit and many more, covering all the emerging fields in Computer Science & Engineering. This modern infrastructure is backed by a high-speed Fiber Optic Internet Leased Line, Licensed & Open Source Softwares and Wi-Fi.
|A. KRISHNA SCHOOL OF EMERGING TECHNOLOGY & APPLIED RESEARCH (KSET)|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|M. Tech in Data Science|
|M. Tech in Advance in Manufacturing System|
|Research Programs (Ph.D. Studies)|
|Computer science &Engineering|
|Electronic Communication Engineering|
|Artiﬁcial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning|
|Cloud Computing and Big Data|
|Communication and Computing Networking|
|B. KRISHNA SCHOOL OF DIPLOMA STUDIES (KSDS)|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
Innovative teaching and continuous evaluation
Innovative Teaching Practices
- The Institute has ICT enabled Smart classrooms equipped with latest configuration PCs with Projector and other amenities to enhance teaching-learning process. Fully Air-conditioned ICT enabled classrooms provide an environment where learning happens naturally.
- The Institute believes in academic excellence and has adapted Student Centric Approach
- The students are taught with the current topics in the industry as content beyond the syllabus.
- The students were encouraged to perform Inter department projects for improving the team building and gaining the multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- The students are trained by arranging expert session online/offline for the course by inviting experts from the industry.
- The teamwork is encouraged by giving group assignments and presentations as a part of building an innovative and systematic learning
- To prepare the student for the Campus Interviews, student – centric technical training is done by the faculty members. The input from the Alumni is given to the student as the part of placement trainings
- The students are encouraged to enroll in the MOOC, NPTEL, Industry certification courses for improving the additional problem-solving skills
- The students are encouraged to participate in live projects to solve real world Community problems suggested by Faculty members.
- The courses are evaluated through continuous evaluation process which includes internal examinations, Active learning assignments, Open Ended Problems, Projects, presentations, Quizzes, Seminars, and viva.
- The projects are evaluated by the scheduled project reviews and is monitored by the allocated project guides, industry experts and alumni experts.
- Marks/Grades are awarded based on the guidelines and the rubrics.
- Every department has an incubation center/ Student Project Room and central FabLab with necessary software and hardware facilities to encourage the students towards model/product development.
- The facility is open to the students beyond the college working hours.
- The students are also encouraged to present their innovations in state level and national level competitions held at premier institutes like IIT’s, NIT’s, University Colleges, SOIC, SSIP etc.
Industry institute connect
- Institute has 32 MOUs with various well-known industries like Matrix Comsec, Ishan Equipments, VR software systems Pvt.ltd., PMC, Avadh Industries,Infostretch corporation India Pvt Ltd, Sujay Engineers,20 Micron, TESCO Global, J P Extrusion tech etc
- Institute has also MOU and tie ups with various Industrial Associations like
- FGI Association, Federation of small-scale industries, Dahej Industries Associations, Savli East Waghodia Associations, IIMM associations and EXIM labs
- Expert talk by various industrial experts in the Engineering and Pharmacy
- International Collaborations: MoUs with University of Alabama, UCAM- Catholic University San Antonio de Murcia, CICE, Carleton Global Academy, Nova Southeastern University.
- Received funding of Total Rs. 10.26 Lacs for 59 Innovative Projects through funding agencies like: Student Start-up & Innovation Policy (SSIP), Student Open Innovation Challenge (SOIC)
- Received Seminar Grants of Rs. 1.67 Lacs for organization of National Level Seminar sponsored by agencies like: Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST) and Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA).
- Total Publications: 594
- Research Papers in UGC Listed Journals: 80
- Research Papers in Scopus Journals: 79
- Research Papers in Web of Science: 28
- Papers in Conference Proceedings: 20
- Books Published: 15
- Book Chapters Published: 3
- Patents Published: 01
- Patents Filed: 05
- Patents Granted: 01
Awards and achievements
- Babaria Institute of Technology has been awarded three stars ranking by Gujarat Institute State Ranking Framework Knowledge consortium of Gujarat – Government of Gujarat
- EDUCATION LEADERSHIP AWARD 2019 Awarded to Babaria Institute of Technology by Devang Mehta National Education Awards for the year 2019-2020.
- Best Engineering College in Gujarat 2018 conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by Prof. Hari Haran, Advisor (Approval), AICTE, New Delhi by Centre of Education Growth and Research, New Delhi for the year 2018-2019.
- “Best Engineering College in Gujarat 2018” for Industry Interface conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by Prof. Hari Haran, Advisor (Approval), AICTE, New Delhi by Centre of Education Growth and Research, New Delhi for the year 2018-2019
- “Best Engineering College in Gujarat for Placement 2018” conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by Prof. Hari Haran, Advisor (Approval), AICTE, New Delhi by Centre of Education Growth and Research, New Delhi for the year 2018-2019.
- “Leadership in Higher Education Award 2018” award to Founder President and Managing Trustee Shree Jagdishbhai D. Patel. By Higher Education Forum- Gujarat Chapter, in association with IQAC, M.S. University of Baroda for the year 2018-2019.
- ” Distinguished Institution ” Awarded to Babaria Institute of Technology by the Computer Society of India for the year 2016-2017.
- “IAB Blind Empowerment Champions 2017 GOLD ZONE ” conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by Indian Association for the Blind, Tamil Nadu for the year 2016-2017
- “Most Innovative Private Engineering College in Gujarat”, conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by Global Education Excellence Awards-2016, New Delhi for the year 2015-2016.
- “Samaj Gaurav” Award to Founder President and Managing Trustee Shree Jagdishbhai D. Patel. By Shree Saurashtra Leuva Patel SevaSamaj, Surat for the year 2015-2016.
- “Excellence in Education Award-2015” award to Babaria Institute of Technology by National Gujarat Summit & Awards-2015 conducted by Department of MNRE and MSME Government of India, AICTE, AIU for the year 2015-2016.
- “SamajRatna” conferred to Founder President and Managing Trustee Shree Jagdishbhai D. Patel. By Shree Dhandhuka Taluka Patel Pragati Mandal, Surat for the year 2014-2015
- “Campus Preparedness Award 2015” to Babaria Institute of Technology by Higher Education Forum, Pune for the year 2014-2015.
- “Best Private Engineering College in Gujarat” conferred to Babaria Institute of Technology by “National Education Excellence Award-2014, Earth Research for the year 2013-2014.
- “Indira Gandhi Shiksha Shiromani Award-2013” for Outstanding Achievement in the field of Education to CMD,Shri Dhruv J Patel by IIEM New Delhi for the year 2013-2014.
- Best Engineering College of Gujarat award to Babaria Institute of Technology by Brands Academy for the year 2012-2013.
- “RASHTRIYA GAURAV AWARD – 2012”, as YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR award to CMD,Shri Dhruv J Patel by IIFS- India International Friendship Society for the year 2012-2013,
- “Siksha Bharati Award” conferred to Founder President and Managing Trustee Shree Jagdishbhai D. Patel. By AIBCF,New Delhi for the year 2010-2011.
- Santosh G Shah has received “SSIP Prashansha Awards – 2020 Best Faculty Mentor” by i-Hub, KCG Govt. of Gujarat during National Student Startup Meet 2020 on 17 December 2020
- Avani R. Vasant has received Gujarat Education Leadership Awards 2020 Best Professor in Computer Science Studies on 6th November 2020
- Twinkle Doshi has received “Best Professor in Communication Engineering studies” awarded by 27th Business school affaire &Dewang Mehta National Education Awards 2019 on 22nd November 2019
- Lalit S. Thakur has received “Best Professor in Civil Engineering Studies”, 27th Business School Affair&Dewang Mehta National Education Awards on 25th September 2019
- Our students are producing excellent results in the University examination.
- Class results are outstanding in the region and many of the students are in top 10 position of the University with Gold medalits.
- In 2019-2020, a total 252 companies visited for the campus placement for Engineering and Pharmacy students.
- Major companies visited for 2020 pass out: CIVICA, Wipro Infra, Cognizant, Dots & Coms. Etech Global Service, RR kabel, Anchor Panasonic etc.
- 2 % Engineering students placed in 2019-2020
The highest CTC offered for engineering students by Corporate (Extramark Education) is Rs 4.02 LPA. The average CTC is 2.9 LPA
Quality of faculty
- Total 21 Faculty members having PhD degree and having vast experience of academics, industry, research and administration.
- Faculty having PhD degree obtained from IISc, NIT and other highly reputed Institutions
- All faculty members having minimum qualification of M.E /M.Tech at Assistant Professor level
Future Plans- next three years
- To Organize State / National level Conferences, Paper Presentations & project competition.
- To concentrate more on research activities by enrolling good research scholars, applying for various research grants, research projects etc.
- To organize various short-term courses, workshops, seminars from experts under various Departments.
- To further upgrade the Quality of Guest lecturers on current Topics and Emerging Trends, toprepare our Students as Entrepreneurs and Professionals for the Global Market.
- To make the school vibrant and a Hub for Entrepreneurship and Placements
- To improve placement ratio with the help of Alumni
- To enhance tie-ups with reputed foreign universities for collaborative teaching learning.